With the continuous improvement of people’s living standards and health consciousness, a higher level of home environment is required accordingly, and home intelligence has also become a big demand in the market. In recent years, various technologies such as intelligent refrigerators, voice, and automatic adjustment have emerged in an endless stream. Food management and freshness have become a highlight. I am often distressed when I find that there are no ingredients in the refrigerator when cooking; sometimes the ingredients are put in the refrigerator for a long time but they expired. Smart refrigerators added an RFID electronic tag to the ingredients to automatically identify the type and time of the stored food, so that you can quickly know the information of the refrigerator ingredients.
Hisense officially released the world’s first full-range RFID food management refrigerator. For the first time in the industry, RFID technology has been used to identify and manage food in the refrigerator, freezer, and greenhouse, leading the refrigerator industry from food storage era to food management era.
Only when identified the ingredients stored in the refrigerator can call intelligent refrigerator management. As a key technology for building the Internet of Things, RFID (radio frequency identification technology) electronic tags have been widely used in many industries. International retail giants such as Wal-Mart and Metro have used RFID supply chain management technology, and apparel brands such as Decathlon and Uniqlo have introduced RFID technology in global stores for clothing management control and scheduling.
Overview of RFID intelligent refrigerator management system
- Paste the RFID tag on the food packaging, install an RFID reader inside the refrigerator, and install a display screen on the surface of the refrigerator.
- When putting food into the refrigerator, the system automatically reads and records food information, display text information and pictures on the screen.
- User can set necessary food which are needed daily. When a certain food in the refrigerator is about to run out, the refrigerator will send a reminder, or notify the user by message to their mobile phones. The user can buy the food by himself or through the built-in network in the refrigerator to buy automatically.
- Analyze the existing food in the refrigerator, recommend the recipe to the user through the built-in program, and display it on the screen.
- Combine the intelligent refrigerator system with the RFID food sourcing system to analyze the source and origin of food. When the food is about to expire, the refrigerator sends a reminder or text message to the user’s mobile phone.
How does RFID technology improve food management?
- Real-time record and query of food information in the refrigerator, combined with RFID food sourcing system, analyze the life cycle information of food to improve user experience.
- Send a reminder when the food is about to expire, to ensure food safety and reduce waste.
- Integrate food information, greatly improve efficiency and save manpower.
- Analyze food recommendation recipes in the refrigerator to assist in decision-making.
The intelligent function of the refrigerator can monitor the quantity of ingredients, and remind users to add or clean up in time according to the frequency of the ingredients used, and can implement intelligent recipe recommendations and nutritional dietary suggestions. In this way, there is very little food waste in the refrigerator. This is a scientific design that allows us to always clearly understand which or what items in the full refrigerator are used up or about to be used up.
RFID technology has been used in more and more industries. Image recognition technology is commonly used in the smart refrigerator industry, but RFID is more accurate in identifying food ingredients, and it has little effect on storage space, as a result, food ingredient management is more flexible and convenient with RFID.